IWXXM 3.0 Tutorial
The following tutorial is intended to provide insight into the structure of XML-encoded meteorological products supporting aviation. Please refer to the online documentation for full details of the data models to which these products conform.
You should work through the tutorial topics in the order listed, because the later ones build on the content of the earlier ones.
The annotated examples are:
- A simple METAR for Karlovy Vary Airport (no trend forecast)
- A volcanic ash SIGMET for Shanwick Oceanic Flight Information Region
- A TAF for the fictional airport YUDO
- A more complex METAR report for EDDF
- "Bulletinizing" IWXXM reports
- Extended XML content in IWXXM documents