AvXML - testing of version 1.0 Release Candidate 1
Table of contents
- Testing of AvXML
- Release Package for AvXML version 1.0RC1
- Structure of AvXML
- More on the packages managed by WMO (metce, Meteorological Basic Types and Observable Property Model)
- More on the packages managed by ICAO (iwxxm, saf)
- Comments made on how to improve AvXML 1.0
- Additional information about AvXMLversion 1.0RC1
- Index to supporting pages
Consultation on AvXML v1.0 RC1 is now closed.
Testing of AvXMLInitial development of the WMO Logical Data Model, metce, is aimed at supporting an XML representation of weather information to support the use of XML by ICAO.
This page provides information about testing of the first release candidate of this and associated models and their XML schema.
Version 1.0RC1 of AvXML.TT-AvXML ran a consultation period for comments on issues with implementing IWXXM and METCE to create XML representing operational meteorological reports for aviation. This ran for December 2012 and January 2013. Version 1.0 is intended to provide an XML representation that is exchanged in the OPMET TAF, METAR, SPECI or SIGMET formats.
Release Package for AvXML version 1.0RC1
Release PackageThe full package contains:
- Schemas (with embedded schematrons) and examples - Online version
- Schemas (with embedded schematrons) and examples - Compressed file bundle
- Java representation of the schemas - XML-Java binding
- UML model in Enterprise Architect Project file
- UML model in XMI format
- HTML documentation generated from the UML model Compressed file containing html files. Note: you need to unpack the folder structure and view index.htm. and Web version. (Note: The files are compatible with Firefox and Internet Explorer, but not with Chrome)
- Readme notes
- Simple tutorial describing METAR and VA SIGMET XML instances (Primer document)
- Proposed list of significant weather codes derived from Table 4678 of WMO 306 (Manual on Codes) (more information about this list can be found here plus request for comment ).
Structure of AvXMLAvXML is built on several packages:
Packages managed by WMO
- metce - a set of foundation building blocks to support application schema in the domains of interest to WMO, notably the weather, climate, hydrology, oceanography and space weather disciplines
- Meteorological Basic Types - classes extending the concepts of the GML "Measure" class to represent physical quantities in the domains of interest to WMO
- Observable Property Model - based on work by the OGC Sensor Working Group, this allows creation of definitions that are derived from the meteorological basic types.
Packages managed by ICAO
- iwxxm - ICAO Weather Information Exchange Model - defines the reports required by ICAO (the equivalent of METAR/SPECI, TAF and SIGMET) that are built from the components of the packages managed by WMO
- saf - Simplified Aviation Features, that allow items such as airports, or runways to be described to the level of detail required for reporting aviation weather
More on the packages managed by WMO (metce, Meteorological Basic Types and Observable Property Model)[+]
More on the packages managed by ICAO (iwxxm, saf)[+]
Comments made on how to improve AvXML 1.0__The period of consultation on AvXML 1.0 RC1 is now closed. Further comments will be sought on AvXML 1.0RC2.
Comments on this release candidate (AvXML 1.0RC1) may be found at our Google Group: CBS-TT-AvXML (look for entries with the prefix [1.0RC1-feedback]).