WIS Training AidsWelcome to WIS training. You can use these pages as a resource to support your training. In addition to an archive of presentations used in courses that have been run in the past, you can also access reference documentation and generic training materials.
WIS Reference Information
- WIS Competencies
- WIS Training and Learning Guide
- WIS Manual
- Guide to WIS
- GISC addresses
- List of WIS Centres
- Nomination form for WIS Centre - you need to register your email address to be able to use this - register as an editor for "Training Land" and send an explanation to email@example.com giving your details.
- Guidance on completing the WIS Centre nomination form - this version of the guidance has been edited for use on the training course. Use the full version if you have to complete a real application.
- WIS wiki
- Using SRU search with the WIS metadata catalogue
Reference training materialsThese presentations should be used as the primary source for WIS training materials.
- WIS Training Presentations (WIS Project Office)
- WIS Curriculum Development (Under ET-WISC)
- Links to training materials provide by GISCs
Current and past training coursesThe presentations at these workshops contain information and advice that was available at the time of the workshops. Note that the technologies, procedures, tools and recommended practices for the WIS evolve, so that the content of these presentations may no longer be valid.
- Meteorological Telecommunication, WMO Information System and TDCF, Antalya, 1-5 October 2012
- JMA Workshop on WMO Information System Implementation, October 2012
- Region V WIS Training Workshop, Melbourne, 29 April - 3 May 2013
- vGISC training Toulouse, 5-7 June 2013
- RA IV WIS training workshop, Barbados, 11-13 August 2015
- RA I WIS training and planning workshop, Casablanca, 26-30 October 2015
- RA I WIS training and planning workshop, Nairobi, 2-6 November 2015
- RA I WIS training and planning workshop, Pretoria, 24-26 January 2017
- Workshop on WMO information system & metadata management, Toulouse, France. 29th to 30th June 2017
- 5th JMA Workshop on WMO Information System Implementation, March 2019
- Workshop on usage of GISC Offenbach's Portal, May 2019